When the mercury soars on a summer day in Las Vegas, the best outdoor activity in the oppressive heat is a day at one of the numerous pools with cabana services the city has to offer.
As the temperature reaches its zenith in the afternoon there is no better place to be than in the comfort of your cabana with a dedicated staff waiting on you, flat screen television, bottle service, and other amenities which may vary from establishment to establishment. Some of them may even have a private pool service – at a cost, of course.
One bit of advice to first timers in the city; be sure to book your cabana in advance or be there early enough (6 am recommended) to have a chance of getting one in the summer scramble.
In Las Vegas, when it comes to choosing a good resort or hotel offering cabana services, you are spoilt for choice unless you know exactly what you want.
It is for this purpose we have provided below a list of 5 top properties and establishments offering a range of cabana and daybed services to help you in your decision.
The Palms Pool at the Palms Casino Resort
Designed in a modern neo-retro style, the Palms Casino Resort is located in Paradise City Nevada, near the Las Vegas Strip.
The Resort boasts 703 rooms and suites, a casino occupying 94,840 sq ft of space, recording studio, “Michelin-starred” restaurant, a concert theater with a 2500-seating-capacity, AND the Palms Pool – the focus of our interest –an excellent summer retreat – a personal oasis, if you will.
Here are some of the features of the Palms Pool & Day Club.
- 27 cabanas with gaming consoles like Xbox, PS3 and old school NES
- “Cabanas for a Cause” – On select Mondays, purchase a cabana with a minimum donation of $100 to the featured charity of the week
- Cabanas and daybeds must be reserved with a food and beverage minimum; however, the lounge chairs are available on a ‘first come-first served’ basis
- DJs enliven the experience with great music
- Food and drinks
Location: Palms Casino Resort, Palms Casino Floor, 4321 W. Flamingo Rd., Las Vegas, NV 89103
Hours: Friday & Saturday (above 21 years) 9:00 am – 7:00 pm; Sunday – Thursday (Open Admission – All Ages) – 9:00 am – 7:00 pm
Dress Code: Swimwear mandatory – dress code strictly enforced.
Cabana Reservations: 702 942 6832
Private Events: 702 942 686
Mandarin Oriental Pool Café and Cabanas
The Mandarin Oriental, located within “CityCenter Las Vegas” and operated by the Mandarin Oriental Hotel Group, is a triple 5-star hotel.
The Mandarin Oriental Pool Café and Cabanas is a sophisticated, cleverly designed facility on the 8th floor of the hotel offering world class service and an out-of-this-world experience.
- 2 rectangular lap pools, 2 capacious Jacuzzis, and a plunge pool
- Lounge chairs (with or without umbrella shade) and couches on elevated platforms
- 17 poolside cabanas, each with a complimentary mini bar stocked with non-alcoholic refreshments, a 48″ flat panel television, sun care services, magazines, and newspapers.
- Pool Café offering a selection of fresh cuisine, mouth-watering desserts, and soothing drinks to be enjoyed poolside or in the comfort of your private cabana, with a great view.
Location: Mandarin Oriental, 8th Floor, 3730 S. Las Vegas Blvd., Las Vegas, NV 89109
Hours: Hours vary by season.
Inner tubes, rafts or other pool toys for rent: Not available.
Wheelchair accessible: Yes.
Encore Beach Club
Part of the Wynn property, the Encore Beach Club offers one of the most luxurious ‘pool and cabana’ experiences together with many other amenities.
- Classy cabanas with all the luxury elements befitting a Wynn property like temperature control units with misters, balconies in the back with views of the Strip, and bungalows with private bathrooms.
- Three-tiered pools connected by walkways and a bridge in the middle
Lily pads and lounge chairs.
- Bars on either side of the club giving quick access to waterholes.
- Plush daybeds surround the outer edges of the pools
- Thursday night pool parties featuring Wynn’s resident DJs
Garden of the Gods pool, Caesars Palace
Garden of the Gods pool is a 5-acre area of the Caesar’s Palace property with a mind-boggling range of fun activities and the ultimate in leisure. So huge is the place that you could get lost in it – pleasantly though, what with all the opulence and luxury all around.
- Befitting the name of the property, Roman architecture and captivating sculptures are to be seen all around giving you the “Italy feel.”
- Take a dip in any of the seven, uniquely different, world-class pools: the Temple pool, the Fortuna pool, the Neptune pool, the Jupiter pool, the Apollo pool, the Venus European Pool Lounge, and the Bacchus Pool.
- Soft, comfortable daybeds, reclining and adjustable to your angle of choice. The ones in front of the cabanas have overhead misters allowing you to take a nap under a gentle, misty spray.
- Each Cabana comes with a flat-screen television, fully stocked fridge with water, juice and soda, a ceiling fan, ample couch space, and chilled fruit plate served by dedicated cabana attendant
Boulevard Pool at the Cosmopolitan
The Boulevard Pool at the Cosmopolitan property provides a multi-level, open-air experience with a glorious view of the Strip and beyond.
It is the ideal spot not only to escape the oppressive heat but to eat, drink, mix and mingle – basically enjoy the pulsating atmosphere and social scene.
At twilight, the pool takes on a different ambiance altogether with Dive-In movies playing on the 65-foot marquee, or the Set Your Life to Music concert series.
Hours: Daily 8 AM – 7 PM (subject to change due to inclement weather and on special events.)
Location: Level 4, Boulevard Tower, Cosmopolitan, 3708 S Las Vegas Blvd, Las Vegas, NV 89109, USA