Linkin Park, the GRAMMY award winning band, announced Thursday, their eagerly awaited return to the fray with their seventh full-length-studio-album “One More Light.”
As a first, probably a confirmation of the earlier announcement, the band gave a stripped-down peek into the single, “Heavy,” also featuring Kiiara, on Facebook Live at 8 p.m. the same day.
With the biggest band following of 62 million people on the social networking site, that was, probably, the most logical way to go, if not the most. What else could give them a better thrust? – They have already captured the media attention!
The band has also shared a lyric video of “Heavy”. You can watch both right below.
Linkin Park Trivia
The American rock band is from Agoura, California, and was formed back in 1996. Linkin Park, virtually, took off with their very first album, “Hybrid Theory,” selling more than 4.8 million copies in 2001 itself becoming the best-selling album of the year. Since then, Linkin Park has given us six full-length albums with “One More Light,” arriving May 19, 2017, as the seventh.
Here’s a look-back at the previous six from Linkin Park:
1. Hybrid Theory and Reanimation
* Released October 24, 2000
* 4.8 million copies sold in 2001.
*Total of 12 tracks with four singles – “One Step Closer”, “Crawling”, “Papercut” and “In the End”
* On July 30, 2002, Linkin Park released remix album, “Reanimation” which included songs from Hybrid Theory and non-album tracks
* Sold 270,000 copies in its debut week
* Second spot on Billboard 200s
* “Reanimation” had 20 re-mixed songs
*Inspired by the Greek region of Meteora
* Debuted on March 25, 2003
* Instant worldwide recognition with No.1 position in the US and UK and No. 2 in Australia
* 800,000 copies sold in the first week
* Third best-selling album in the US in 2003
* Album contained twelve songs with five singles, “Somewhere I Belong”, “Breaking the Habit”, “Faint”, “From the Inside” and “Numb”
* The non-single track, “Lying From You” topped the Alternative Songs charts.
* An instrumental track from the album – “Session” – was nominated for a Grammy Award for Best Rock Instrumental Performance in 2004
3. Minutes to Midnight
* “What I’ve Done”, the first single from the album, was released on April 2, 2007
* It became the top-ranked song on the Billboard’s Modern Rock Tracks and Mainstream Rock Tracks charts and was also used in the film Transformers – Revenge of the Fallen
* The single premiered on MTV and Fuse the same week
* Album was released in May 2007
* 625,000 copies sold in the first week itself
* The album peaked the Billboard charts
* The album contained singles like “Bleed It Out”, “Given Up”, “Shadow of the Day,” What I’ve Done”, and “Leave Out All the Rest”.
* It also had politically motivated songs like “No More Sorrow” and “Hands Held High”
* Also had few environmentally oriented songs like “What I’ve Done”
4. A Thousand Suns
* Released on September 14, 2010
* The first single from the album, “The Catalyst”, was released earlier on August 20
* The album included four singles, “The Catalyst”, “Iridescent”, “Burning in the Skies”, and “Waiting for the End”.
* “The Catalyst” made it to the 40th position in the Year-End Rock Songs chart.
* Reached No.53 in the Year-End chart of the Billboard Top 200 albums
* Got to the seventh spot in the 2010 Year-End Rock Albums
5. Living Things and Recharged
* The album debuted in May 2012
* The name was chosen as a kind of tribute to the people and personal interactions
* 223,000 copies of Living Things sold in its debut week, making it No. 1 on the US Albums Charts
* The album featured four singles “Castle of Glass”, “Lost in the Echo”, “Burn It Down”, and “Powerless”
* “Castle of Glass”, was nominated for ‘Best Song in a Game’ at the Spike Video Game Awards – 2012
* The remixed album “Recharged” was released on October 29, 2013
* It included ten remixed versions of songs from “Living Things”
6. The Hunting Party
* “The Hunting Party” released on June 17, 2014, in the United States having released earlier on June 14, in most other countries
* The album’s first single, “Guilty All the Same”, was made public on March 6, 2014, through the app Shazam
* Was immediately in the 28th position on the US Billboard Rock Airplay charts and reached the top soon after on the Mainstream Rock Charts
* Included featuring artists like “Rakim”, “Daron Malakian” of “System of a Down”, “Page Hamilton” of “Helmet”, and “Tom Morello” of “Rage Against the Machine”.