“Celebrity Big Brother: All Stars and New Stars” was formally launched on Tuesday, the nineteenth in the reality show series with an equal mix of fourteen stars, seven of them “All Stars” and seven “New Stars.”
It was certainly an imposing and colourful live launch to mark the 19th spin-off series of the original hit show Big Brother U.K.
The British Reality show and its celebrity series have had their fair share of successes, controversies, and critiques; however, it has a great following including detractors of the show who watch it anyways – probably enjoying it as much as the hard-core fans.
Previous Celebrity Big Brothers have been commercial successes despite the controversies which, I guess, has added to the popularity of the show – negative publicity works most times, if not always, particularly in showbiz.
As always, the audience and viewers expect a spectacular, different and even a volatile start and, trust me, they were not disappointed when, at the very outset, a team “all stars” were taken to a side room in the Big Brother house and given “producer” privileges of watching the “new stars” make their entries and decide on who should be “edited out” as the least entertaining housemates.
On seeing his mother, Angie, making the final housemate entry, Calum Best’s expression was a sight to behold.
“Is that my mother? That’s my mother! Oh my God! Oh, bless her! But shoot me now” was his reaction.
Here’s the list of all fourteen “all stars” and “new stars” not in the order they entered but under the headings “All Stars and “New Stars” and what they had to say:
1. Heidi Montag and Spencer Pratt together known as ‘Speidi’, the American Reality TV couple of “The Hills” fame, an MTV reality series from 2006-2010. Having previously been part of Celebrity Big Brother 11, they had been the runners-up behind Rylan Clark-Neal.
Here’s what they said on entering the house: Heidi – “You thought we played the game well last time,..” to which Spencer retorted, ““Well you haven’t seen anything yet.”
2. James Jordan, an English ballroom dancer and choreographer and “Strictly Come Dancing” star. James has previously competed in Celebrity Big Brother 14 ending up third behind Gary Busey and Audley Harrison.
He said, “I’m really really excited to go back into the Big Brother house. Make it difficult for us… I love it when people argue, I think it’s funny. I didn’t sign up for a dancing show, I signed up to wind people up.”
3. Jasmine Waltz, an American model, and actress having been part of Celebrity Big Brother 13 was the second to be evicted in CBB – 13.
Her comments on entering the house: “Last time I was involved in a ridiculous love triangle with Casey Batchelor and Lee Ryan…. This time you get to watch me make the same mistakes again I’m sure.”
4. Austin Armacost, an American reality TV star had competed in Celebrity Big Brother 16, finishing runner-up behind James Hill.
This is what he had to say: “You can expect honestly, truthfulness and most of all don’t cross me.”
5. Coleen Nolan, English TV presenter, author and singer had appeared on Celebrity Big Brother 10 and finishing runner-up to Julian Clary.
Her comments: “I think it might be the house from hell.”
“This time I will trust my intuition and smack that pie in their face.”
6. Nicola McLean, English glamor model and media personality – previously contested in Celebrity Big Brother 9 and the sixth eviction of CBB – 9. She is remembered for her clashes with many of her co-stars mainly with Denise Welch, the former Loose Women star.
She claimed: “What I want, I get. I’m just good TV.
1. Ray Jay, American singer, songwriter, television personality and actor mostly known for his pornographic home video made with his the then-girlfriend Kim Kardashian in 2003 which was made public. He entered the house as a “new star” on Day 1.
His Comments: “It’s for me to step up to the plate and hit the home run. Anyone who gets in my way? Duck.”
2. Bianca Gascoigne, British glamor model and television personality and daughter of legendary footballer Paul Gascoigne.
She said: “I’m definitely a go hard or go home kind of girl.”
3. James Cosmo, a Scottish actor known for his roles in films including Highlander, Braveheart, Trainspotting, Troy and The Chronicles of Narnia: The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe, as well as television series such as Game of Thrones
His comments: “I wouldn’t say I’m scared about going into the house. One of the things that I’ll miss is listening to Eminem.
“I’m in here for an experience, I hope I’m going to enjoy it and that’s it. Game, set, match and nothing else.”
4. Stacy Francis, American singer and actress and a contestant in the first season of The X Factor USA.
She said: “I love you and I want you to love me back, come on!”
5. Brandon Block, British superstar DJ, well known for appearing on stage in an inebriated state at the 2000 BRIT Awards
This is what he said: “I’m a little baby tiger now. “I want to get in there, have a laugh and a month away from mobile phones.”
6. Jamie O’Hara is an English professional footballer formerly married to former Miss England model and Celebrity Big Brother 5 housemate, Danielle Lloyd.
His comments: “People have a massively wrong perception of me. I don’t like to get mugged off.”
7. Angie Best, an English model and former wife of Manchester United legend George Best and, as mentioned earlier, mother of Calum Best